Contact Us Today 212-227-8020

Visas for Australians (E-3)

If you are a citizen of Australia, you may qualify for a work visa, known as an E-3 Visa. 

To qualify for an E-3 visa, which is only for Australian Citizens, you must meet the following:

  • A national of Australia;
  • Have a legitimate job offer in the U.S.;
  • You must meet the minimum educational requirements for the position, which is usually a Bachelor's Degree;
  • You must be able to work in the position you are qualified for as a specialty occupation. 

An E-3 Visa is generally valid for at least two years and can be extended in two year increments indefinitely with few exceptions. You are also allowed to change employers provided the new employer obtain a certified Labor Condition Application. In addition, a new petition would have to be filed. Once the petition is approved, you are then authorized to work for the new employer. 

A spouse and children under 21 can also receive visas to remain in the U.S. with the primary applicant. However, only a spouse can be employed. Children of a E-3 Visa holder cannot be employed. 

Contact Us Today

John Nicelli & Associates is committed to answering your questions about Immigration law issues in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, & The Bronx.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.